The Best Things to Do In Thailand: Our top 7
From turquoise-blue water and glorious white sand beaches to ancient temples, there is no shortage of things to do in Thailand and our mission is to share the best of them with you on this site. To kick things off, let’s start with our top 6 things to do when you visit Thailand.
Try to include some of these top things to do in Thailand on your itinerary
- Discover Thailand through its colorful culture – From the fun of Songkran, or Thai New Year, Thailands popular water festival to the beauty of the festival of Yi Peng, Chiang Mai’s Lantern Festival, joining in the celebrations of one of Thailand’s many festivals is a wonderful way to learn more about Thai culture.
- Swim, walk or dive at Thailand’s Islands – with 3290km of coastline and 1430 islands to choose there are more beaches to explore in Thailand than can likely fit in one lifetime. From the less visited islands of the eastern seaboard, just a couple of hours from Bangkok to Ko Samui, the most famous of the islands in the Gulf of Thailand to the reefs off the islands on the Andaman Sea you will find stunning tropical beaches waiting for you.
- Eat as much as you can – Thai food will wake your tastebuds from the first bite. From fresh spicy salads to tasty stir-fries and rich curries layered with depth. The contrasting flavors, spicy, sweet, sour, and salty, give Thai food its unique taste. Some of the best food is sold at hawker stalls that line streets across the country. Thai street food is considered by many to be the best in the world and a wonderful way to experience Thai culture. The fresh seafood is fantastic. Be sure to try mango sticky rice and northern Thai specialty Khao Soi, a rich curry noodle dish that will soon become a favorite.
- Visit ancient temples and grand palaces – There are over 40,000 temples in Thailand, and with 95% of Thais following Buddhism, many of these are still in use. From Bangkok’s famous Wat Arun to the majestic White Temple of Chiang Rai, and the plethora of temples in Chiang Mia’s old town, these architectural masterpieces will leave you in awe. Don’t miss the ancient ruins in the historical parks of Ayutthaya and Sukhothai in Central Thailand that date back to the 13th century.
- Check out Thailand’s National Parks – There are 156 National Parks, including a number of Marine parks and 58 official wildlife sanctuaries in Thailand providing thousands of hiking trails, beautiful waterfalls, and world-class diving and snorkeling sites. Add at least a couple to your itinerary as a contrast to the buzz of Thailand’s cities.
- Discover its UNESCO Heritage sites – There are 6 World Heritage Sites in Thailand with another 7 waiting to join them on a tentative list. How many can you see on your visit?
- Shop in Bangkok’s world-famous malls – As an escape from the hot humid temperatures, Bangkok locals make good use of their malls as places to relax and catch up with friends. You know shopping is a big deal when your local mall is home to 1000 plus stores. From the MBK center which is a bargain shopper’s dream to the stunning Icon Siam on the riverside with its 6 floors of shopping and over 100 restaurants with even a week in Bangkok, you will not have time to visit all the malls the city offers.
Latest Articles On Things To See & Do In Thailand
The Chao Phraya Tourist Boat: Sightseeing tips for every stop 
Riding the Chao Phraya Tourist Boat is one of the best ways to chase away your jetlag and get an overview of the city of Bangkok. It’s also a great way to reach some of the city’s best attractions. Thing…
Bangkok to Koh Chang: An Easy Island Getaway
Feeling the need for some sea air? It’s a relatively simple trip from Bangkok to Ko Chang, making it a great choice if you are looking for a brief island escape. Today we share your options for reaching Ko Chang…
Pattaya Guide 2023: Discover the best beaches, attractions and nightlife
Walking Street, beer bars and sunburn? Another beach and more bars? There’s much more for visitors to Pattaya, Thailand’s premium party town, than the old cliches from last century. How about fine dining, five-star hotels and family attractions? Did someone…
The Beaches in Koh Samui: 2023 Guide +Map
If you want to know which of the beaches in Koh Samui, you should visit on your next vacation, you have come to the right place. We asked our local writer Richard to share his insight and then spent a…
Visiting Chiang Mai Waterfalls
Looking to explore some of Thailand’s stunning waterfalls in a single day trip? Chiang Mai is the perfect destination! With so many falls to see, it’s hard to decide which one to visit first. But don’t worry, we’ve put together…
9 Great Phuket Night Markets for visitors
Wondering which Phuket night markets you should visit? Which ones have survived the pandemic? So were we, so we asked our insider Rich for his best shopping tips and he came up with this detailed guide to which night markets…